Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling Down

3 posters

Go down

Feeling Down Empty Feeling Down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:45 am

I am so sick and tired of the weather here. It has been a horrible winter and it's getting to me. We have broken a record for the most snowfall in 100yrs, the temperatures have been -10 to -20 most days. It is so hard to get motivated to do anything besides work and sit. I have been busting my butt on the weekends working on the new salon and that's all the excitement I get. Grooming is also slow because of the weather and that is irritating me too. We are supposed to be going on vacation in February,my first one in 20yrs and my hubby can't seem to make a friggin decision on where to go. Our bather is quitting because she is moving and one of our other groomers is going to the new salon so we have to find 2 new employee's ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Feeling Down Empty Re: Feeling Down

Post  lorie Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:45 am

I know exactly how you feel, almost every storm has got me going to my full time job on a weekend to shovel or snow blow around the entire school and I am soooo sick of it. I have to go in even if I'm sick.This has been the worst year in a long time. yesterday, there was an inch of ice on a huge sidewalk i had to sand. My wrist was ready to fall off..then, when it warmed up I had to go out and chip it off.. i hate this job and I'm slow grooming too. I have a new toy poo tomorrow i'm looking foward to but that's my fun on the weekends, working!! I can't wait for spring, we have been "in construction" for the past year! All we have left is to stain the new addition and some minor things, this summer we may be able to relax a bit, besides our full time jobs and part time grooming. Well, at least it won't be as bad as last year.
Hope you get to go someplace warm for vacation!! Maybe go visit Tammy! With their temps, you might be happy to come home!
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:34 pm

I would love to go visit Tammy and soak up some sunshine but I only have a week, so that would give me enough time to fly there, pop in say hello and then back to the airport Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:58 am

Have you decided where you are going yet??
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Still waiting for my %^*& husband to make a decision. I am getting really ticked off and might just run away myself. muhahahahaha Suspect
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:29 pm

It's been so cold in MI also! But the days are staying light later!!! That makes me happy...
I'm taking off about 5 days to go down to Florida and visit my Cancerous Mom. So it will be time off, spent with family...
My wacky sister moved down there last month so I get to see her too...
My family is not very close, but I feel it's my daughterly duty to get down to my mom, she might not have too much longer. I thought my sister was moving down to help my mom out, but she was just running away from her life up here Rolling Eyes Not helping out mom as much as I'd like her to, and mom won't move up here so I can help her more.

MMMmmmm, what nice time off... Neutral

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:28 pm

Awww sorry about your Mom, it must be hard being so far away at a time like this. I know what you mean about family, sometimes you wonder if you are really related to these people. I hope your visit goes well and you get some much needed sunshine too. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks!! I'm back and the sun WAS nice! Very Happy

My family is ... a bit of a drag. Not close enough, but your still family, so your called on to do some sort of family duty thing. My mom is living off tootsie pops, diet coke and corn checks cereal. My sister HAS given it a good go on trying to get her to eat healthy, but mom says she doesn't like veggies, fruit or meat Rolling Eyes I forced her to eat some real food by making dinners(she also doesn't eat breakfast or lunch Rolling Eyes ) and trying to get her to eat better snacks like yogurt, fruit smoothies and such. It's a uphill battle and I can only do that while I'm there. It's up to her to help herself. She also will not go to any kind of cancer support groups or online forums(nor will her husband) or get a better wheel chair OR talk to a professional on pain management/ hospice OR get a better set of dentures. So, ok she's giving up BUT at the same time she talks about being around for years to come...so it's denial. So mostly it's a big mess that she does not want to talk about. She WAS happy I came down for a visit, so there was that.

Thanks for the venting space I love you

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: