Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accounting

5 posters

Go down

Accounting Empty Accounting

Post  groomOR Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:20 pm

I have always done accounting by hand but my CPA wants me to use Quickbooks. So I installed the free edition to get started. I HATE it. I have always heard it was easy, but I was about to chuck the computer in no time. I don't want to create an invoice for each sale, but want to be able to enter daily totals. It just seems so flippin complicated. I was using freshbooks (free online) and liked it.
What do you use?

groomOR

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Accounting Empty Re: Accounting

Post  MsAcer Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:20 pm

I do mine totally by hand, old school. My husband keeps trying to get me to do something on the computer... tongue

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  sucker4setters Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:15 pm

We just got 123 pet... I'm not sure how i'll like it just yet. We're still doing the set up. Supposedly it has one of the "quick" programs integrated into it. I'll let ya know.

sucker4setters

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:17 am

We use 123 too and it is pretty easy to use and is very handy for pulling up reports ie: grooming, retail, taxes etc. I can't seem to figure out the accounts payable part, I'm not sure there is even one in it so I just use excel for that part. 123 also helps you know how many bichons,poodles, labs etc you have as clients and you can even collect clients e-mails so if you want to send out a newsletter etc.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sucker4setters Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:33 am

Yes, I'm really liking it so far... the original set up is kinda a pain in the arse though. We had a tough time with the "payroll" part because nearly everything is split comission between myself and the bather. And I wanted it to show what I would make commission also. They just released a new 2 days AFTER we bought it and that fixed the problem!

sucker4setters

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  fluffcuts Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:13 pm

I have been using quickbooks for years & absolutely love it. If you use it like it is really paper & dont be intimedated by using a computer it works out great. I know that you dont need to print out an invoice for every groom but I do it so this way I can go back into my books & count back 6 weeks & this way I am able to get those people reminder post cards. Also, at the end of the year all you have to do is print out the balance sheet & the "crap what is the other one" anyway you are done. It is also nice to go back through the years to compare one year from the next. The checking acct is just like your regular check register but it is on the computer. give quickbooks a chance. it is really easy & helpful in many ways. If you want you can privately email me your questions & I will try to help you as much as possible. I dont use Everything that quickbooks is capable of but I will tell you the way I use it for our type of business.
fluffcuts
fluffcuts

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum