Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm so sad

+4
lorie
Admin
bitty
sucker4setters
8 posters

Go down

I'm so sad Empty I'm so sad

Post  sucker4setters Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:13 pm

I know I posted this on the other board guys... But, i'm soooo sad. I just can't stop crying... this little dog was her heart dog and she only had her such a short time. It makes me also, really miss Spyke (my heart dog)

So, about 5 or 6 months back I purchased a Toy Poodle for my mom. I got this little critter from a client. While she may not have been the best of quality in terms of structure and coat, she WAS when it came to personality. She had the cutest little face and personality I've ever seen in such a little thing. I almost kept her for myself. I took her and gifted her to my mom (who has been dying for a silver toy poodle for ages) and it was INSTANT love.

I just can't believe she's gone. Just like that I am heartbroken. My mom called today in hysterics screaming that she was gone. I have never heard my mom so upset I could not even understand what she was saying. They could not find her in the backyard. Moto(boxer) and Lucy(toy poodle) the other 2 dogs kept going to the side of the house and coming back to my sister. Finally, my sister followed the dogs over. There she was. For some reason (because she's a curious puppy) she stuck her head into the christmas tree stand that was on the side of the house, waiting to be put away. She must have gotten her collar stuck on the eye bolt prongy things that hold the tree into place. Everyone thinks a collar will save a dogs life. It's not the first time i've seen one take a life just as easily. It's just a reminder of how short life can be. Please go hug your babies (human and fur). Because you just never know what can happen. Please pray that my mom will heal from this, she has lost 3 dogs (2 from VERY old age) in the last year and a half. She is so devastated. We all are. We'll miss you Baby Bella.

sucker4setters

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

I'm so sad Empty Re: I'm so sad

Post  bitty Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Miranda, my heart goes out to your mom and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with her to help her heal from such a loss. You are so right about short life can be and take the time to give that extra hug anytime you can.

Just 2 short weeks ago, my husband and I slept on the couches near the fireplace with our old friend, Chase who was really ill. I cried for 2 days thinking I have no choice but to do what was right. He finally took a turn for the better and is recovering, we don't what from. I have to admit that I know in my heart he is old, he will be 14 next month, I know death is inevitable, but feel better now, knowing I have a short repreive from having to make that decision. As I read your post tears came running down my face. I appreciate you sharing this with me/us and your story promoted me to share my drama. Now I need to get a Kleenex! Thank you Miranda I can take a deep breath.
bitty
bitty

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:14 am

Miranda I'm so very sorry for your and your Mom's loss. There is nothing more heartbreaking than losing a pet because of an accident. I wish there was more I could say or do.

Bitty I feel your pain too as my 13 yr old Aussie had a seizure last week. We had tests done but everything came back ok except for his bronchitis which we already knew about. I know his time is coming and it breaks my heart to even think about it.

I'm going now to give them all a big hug, and maybe some extra treats.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:24 am

Miranda, I'm so sorry to hear this and for you, and your poor Mom and sister, finding him. This makes me re -think leaving a collar on Mingo when I'm not home...
So sorry this happened to your Mom's little heart dog.. Sad
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  fluffcuts Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:50 pm

I hate to hear about those accidents. My heart & prayers go out to your mom & your family.
fluffcuts
fluffcuts

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:56 pm

I'm so sorry, that story is so sad...

Most of my dogs are older now too, but it's extra hard when the young ones go to heaven...

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post  CoatCutter Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:27 am

So sorry for your Mom and sister Miranda. My thoughts are with you all and I hope that you can all heal from this soon... as they say, "gone, but not forgotten". None of our dogs wears a collar either.
CoatCutter
CoatCutter

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Only one of my dogs wears a collar, a rescue dog that you always have to grab and haul away from something.
Otherwise no collars.

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post  jmchris Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:04 pm

All of my little dogs have collars with tags and harnesses on at all times. I may be asking for trouble but I feel better knowing they could be identified if they got loose. Most around here don't check for microchips if they find a dog.

jmchris

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum