Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about a nightmare!

4 posters

Go down

Talk about a nightmare! Empty Talk about a nightmare!

Post  jmchris Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:27 pm

I got a call this morning from a client I've only seen one other time. She was calling to make an appointment, which we did. After the appointment was made she told me that she had lost my phone number and looked me up on Google Maps to get it. She thought I should know that there was a review on there that said "The people who run this business are animal abusers and have been charged with 45 counts of animal cruelty. It is also a puppy mill. Do not use this grooming facility!" Shocked

I immediately looked on Google and sure enough there it was. Turns out it wasn't exactly a review but a link on MY PAGE to a couple with the last name of Eckert who had been charged with these crimes and run a grooming shop. Anyone who looks up my business would certainly not know my last name. I was FREAKING OUT! Crying my eyes out that someone could do this. I called several of my clients, told them the situation and asked them to write a review for me in case I couldn't get it removed promptly. Many heartily agreed. I don't know how many people have already seen it but I think it's been knocked out by the postitive reviews because now when I pull it up, that link is gone. I'm so glad this person was kind enough to tell me before it caused me any damage.

jmchris

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Talk about a nightmare! Empty Re: Talk about a nightmare!

Post  MsAcer Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:59 am

Shocked Shocked !!! pale

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  CoatCutter Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:23 am

That is a nightmare Julie. The net has become a powerful thing hasn't it? I know that we had one client post on a pet owners forum about how good we were, and how she'd had some bad experiences, and how she was glad she'd found us. We've had quite a few new clients from that alone. Hope things will be better for you now Julie.
CoatCutter
CoatCutter

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:39 am

That was smart of you to ask for help. glad it went away!!

Some weirdo called me the other day asking about pet food?? i asked him where he got my #, he said off the web.. What a Face
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:25 pm

My number is all over the web linked to dogs, grooming, rescue, dog training and now grooming forums. It can be a little odd...

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum