Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stray cats

3 posters

Go down

stray cats Empty stray cats

Post  jmchris Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:53 pm

I had been thinking of getting a little friend for my shop kitty so last night I went out to a farm that advertised kittens. My kitten is only about 10 weeks old so I wanted another baby. When we pulled up to this farm (it was dark), cats scattered everywhere in the headlights. The lady then threw out some cat food to attract them and OMG... there were at least 25 cats. I felt so sorry for them because it was only 20 degrees and these babies were so cold and hungry. Suprisingly for my family, I only came home with one but, boy ,was she hard to catch.

My question for all you cat people out there is this; This kitten is very scared (and mean). She is only about 9 weeks old. Is it possible for her to become friendly? My kitten is vaccinated and two other kittens taken from this farm have tested negative for leukemia so I'm not too worried about that but she is totally hissing and scratching at us. You'd think she would be grateful. She loves my kitty though. My kitty is climbing all over her insisting on playing. Right now new kitty is in a big dog crate and sits in the back corner. She has eaten and used the litter box. What should we do to get her used to us? She can already see my kitten climbing all over us.

Tammy don't you roll your eyes at me! lol Rolling Eyes

jmchris

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

stray cats Empty Re: stray cats

Post  Admin Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:14 pm

Food!!! food will make her come around. Take your time, don't rush her and make sure she knows that the food source is you. Try sitting quietly on the floor and let her come to you. If you try and force yourself on her she will only lash out and try to get away. Cats do things on their terms only, they are not dogs! I have adopted numerous wild, feral kitties and they all turned out fine.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  jmchris Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:17 pm

I know it was stupid of me to allow her right in with my kitten but it's already done. I just hope she's healthy.

jmchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Anitacat2groom Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:13 am

Julie, whats the update on your kitten? Everything working out?
Anitacat2groom
Anitacat2groom

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  jmchris Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:05 am

Everything is working out great! The kitten has been fully vetted and she is a total sweetie to us now. It's really funny in that whenever we reach out to pet her she actually strains her neck to get to our hand. I guess she figures it's not so bad here after all. They both love each other and are always snuggling. The new kitty (Luna) hates when doggies get in her face though. She will hiss/spit/scratch. They learn real quick to leave her alone. The other kitty (Daisy) walks right up to every dog and weaves in between their legs and nuzzles them. cat

jmchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum