Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discount Groomers

2 posters

Go down

Discount Groomers Empty Discount Groomers

Post  Admin Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:45 am

Ok so we have a new groomer in town who is "certified" by an on-line grooming school. She advertised in our local paper $25 for all small dogs, shih tzu, bichon etc. $25?????? we charge $58 for gosh sakes. Being that she is new and learned on-line we are not worried but.....................
now there is another groomer that has a mobile business and a home business, has been grooming for a few years (just basic strips nothing too fancy) and now she is advertising $25 grooms WTH?????
Right now our economy is fine there is talk about a recession but it is not a reality, what is this other groomer trying to do. I don't understand it. I do know this groomer and talk to her from time to time but I feel like callling her and asking what the heck is she doing!!!! I don't think it will affect our business as our clients come to us because we do more than shave dogs down but still, there are going to be questions. We have a large salon and employee 3 other people, we have overhead, we have payroll and we have standards. I wanna just go over and smack her, she should know better. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Discount Groomers Empty Re: Discount Groomers

Post  jmchris Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:15 am

That is exactly what you tell people when they ask about the price difference. You have employees and standards. Your employees are trained to provide the best so you charge for the best.

jmchris

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum