Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rescue dog

4 posters

Go down

rescue dog Empty rescue dog

Post  jmchris Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:05 pm

I told everyone a while back about a dog I was trying to get away from it's owner. Unfortunately this dog belongs to a friend of mine but the way she treated it drove me crazy. She had adopted it from me four years ago to help her son with ADHD. Turns out all four of her kids have some form of AD and the dog was relegated to the back yard. She never had and toys or attention. A few months ago I convinced them to bring her back in the house. The house is trashed but at least she was with the family. Well, earlier this week the husband threw the dog back out again and it's getting really cold here. He claims she's part husky and likes it out there all alone tied to the tree.
Anyhow my friend told me to come get her yesterday. I went and there she was wrapped around the tree with about a foot of lead. Her water bowls were frozen, no food, no toys and a plastic dog house with no blanket or anything for warmth. She said her husband was going to be pissed if she got rid of the dog but realized Candy deserved better. She decided to tell the kids the dog ran away. Its been over 24 hours since I've had Candy and her kids haven't even noticed she is gone. Sad

jmchris

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

rescue dog Empty Re: rescue dog

Post  Admin Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:37 pm

I'm glad this woman has come to her senses! Poor dog. Hope you can find her a new forever home asap. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Maybe we need a "why I hate people" topic....

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:00 pm

Consider it done!
The why I hate people thread is located in the Whine & Geez section.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : old and forgetful)
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:48 am

I remember the dog, JM, glad you got it..how's he/she getting along with everyone?
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  jmchris Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:12 am

Her kids STILL haven't noticed that the dog is gone. Sheesh. Anyhow, she is doing very well. We are working on the housebreaking and she is really coming along. The only problem is the change in food is killing her belly. They were giving her Dog Chow and I use Merrick she is just not tolerating it well. I'm sure she will adjust. For the first day we kept her on a leash around the house to monitor her and keep any fights from breaking out. She's not socialized with doggies and was very intimidated walking into my house with seven. She keeps getting up on the loveseat curling up. It's actually very cute. No matter how many times we take her down, she's right back up. lol I just hope she finds a home very soon because she hates being crated and I can't leave her up alone in the house with my dogs while I work so I take her into the shop with me but she had tried to kill my kitten twice now. My only option is to crate her in my shop. It's not real pleasant.

rescue dog Candy_11

jmchris

Back to top Go down

Post  jmchris Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:02 pm

Candy has a great home so now I have a new rescue. Just tonight we took in a 12 week old Beagle puppy. Just looking at her makes me cry. She is so beautiful but so unhealthy. On the phone the lady told me she had worms but, OMG! This puppy was obviously the runt of the litter because she is so tiny but her stomach is three times the size of her head. Her ribs are showing, her hip bones are visible but her belly looks like a huge water ballon. I already gave her Pyrantel but her poop is runny and a little bloody. This poor baby seems lively but I'm keeping her away from my dogs for now.

jmchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:34 pm

I would definetly keep her away from your dogs and get a stool sample into the vet asap. If she has been harbouring a crap load of worms her immunity will be way down.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jmchris Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:46 pm

I have never seen a belly so big on a tiny puppy. Her skin is stretched. Who sees a puppy in this condition and doesn't do anything about it. Those worms are eating all her food. If it wasn't for her belly she would be skin and bones. She just wants to be cuddled though. I have her in a crate in the basement and her vet appt. isn't until Thursday but I"m going to take a stool sample in tomorrow. Her gums are very pink and she is very lively so I doubt it's Parvo but I won't take any chances. I was going to keep her in my shop but thought better of it and bleached where she had been. I feel bad because she is crying though. Worst part is my dogs can hear her and they keep barking knowing another dog is somewhere in the house and they can't see it.

jmchris

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:58 am

Aw, you're an angel, I wish i could quit this dumb job and help some dogs.
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:07 am

We had some pups one time that acted healthy till they suddenly died! It was that fast! Dropped off from stupid people at night, big bellys, some runny poo but happy and playing. The next A.M just before the vet opened, lethargic and fevers! Ran em to emergency 2 died from parvo that day!!!
Not to scare you and all...
But take the dog with the poop to the vets Very Happy

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post  jmchris Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:23 am

She is still acting healthy and the amount of worms coming out of her this morning is unbelievable. pale

jmchris

Back to top Go down

Post  jmchris Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:01 am

This little Beagle is the single cutest dog I have ever seen. She is doing really well since being wormed but I still have her in the basement away from my dogs until she sees the vet this afternoon. Her only major problem is the puppy teeth, dear God do they hurt and she insists on biting your hands. She is really special. I post a pic later today.

jmchris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum