Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerned for Izzie

3 posters

Go down

Concerned for Izzie Empty Concerned for Izzie

Post  jmchris Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:40 pm

I hate to say it but I think I'm going to put Izzie up for adoption. Sad I don't think she's happy here. She has the happiest little tail if you even look at her but she wants more attention than I have time for. She just seems miserable. Even if I take the little dogs outside to play, she just stays inside. I have seven dogs and just not enough hands. My kids claim they will pay more attention to her but they don't. All my other dogs are well adjusted and are not happy if we can't make it out for a walk during the day but they are happy to play in the back yard if I go out with them.
When she came to us she had almost no fur and a blistery rash on her back. That was back in Feb. and we are still fighting the rash. I've had her to the vet several times and it has been diagnosed as bacterial/yeast. She is on her second round of anti biotics and I feel we are merely managing the problem, not curing it. I have to wonder if it is stress.
I've NEVER given up on one of my own and I made a commitment when I purposely adopted her from the shelter. I just think she would be so much happier in a less crazy house. Maybe one other dog and someone to make her a lap dog.

jmchris

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Concerned for Izzie Empty Re: Concerned for Izzie

Post  Admin Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:38 pm

What about someone in your family, your parents maybe? Would they be able to take her in so that you could keep an eye on her?
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  jmchris Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:13 am

hahahah. If only you knew my family. I come from a long long line of animal haters. I mean, my family would yell at a stray, starving dog if it came into their precious yards. They wouldn't even help an animal in desperate need, much less adopt one.

jmchris

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  CoatCutter Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:58 am

How about a sign on your counter with her pic on it. While the customer might not want one, they may know of someone who might. Have her in the shop with you so that they can see her in the flesh.

So your family hates animals... does that make you a pioneer, or a black sheep Question
CoatCutter
CoatCutter

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:27 am

Good idea Coat Cutter.
My family is ok with animals but nothing like I am. One of my brothers just doesn't care for animals at all I cannot understand that at all. He wouldn't hurt them but is just indifferent. I would love to get my Mum a dog to keep her company now but she keeps saying no. We have started doing some of the shelter dogs so I keep hoping the right one will show up from there.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down