Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Ideas

4 posters

Go down

Need Ideas Empty Need Ideas

Post  Admin Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:08 pm

Need ideas for my little tiny dog and riding in the Jeep. I know this sounds stupid but I can't figure out how to make her ride a little more comfortable. The car seats are leather and it's a cold in the winter. Also they are slippery, I tried putting a blanket down but she just slides around on it. I could put her in a crate but again, it will just slide off the chair and if I put it in the back it's even colder. I take her and the bichon to work with me everyday. The bichon is a great at car surfing so he's not an issue but Bonnie is still not thrilled with the whole car ride thing. Any suggestions?
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Need Ideas Empty Re: Need Ideas

Post  skyeline Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:51 am

my little guys ride in their tiny carriers,with a big snug rug inside ( or use one of those beds that is sort of shallow in the middle with a pillow like sausage around the edge) ...then put the carrier on the seat,and put the seatbelt through the top handle of the carrier,snap the seatbelt in and pull it up tight. The carrier shouldnt move,but for extra traction ,use that not slip mat stuff that comes in a roll ,just cut a bit off and pop it under the carrier.
skyeline
skyeline
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotiaprincess Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:46 am

Good idea Skye ~ Try snapping the seatbelt closed, and then tying her leash to the botton piece, that would lay on the lap - this part doesn't move, and she can lay down or sit up but can't bounce or fall. Also you could get those seat covers ~ lamb's wool.. Mmm so comfy and warm and fuzzy. That should do the trick. If I had to transport a clients dog around, I would often do the seatbelt thing, as well as inform owners how to do this little trick to keep the dog off their lap when they drive around. I love you

Scotiaprincess

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:22 am

I have a carrier for Mingo, with shoulder strapsand a buckle that buckles around the waist. She sits in the pocket in the front, BUT it also fits on the carseat and she can see outside. It's got a hook on the inside, so she can't jump out.
I got it at Petsmart..
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down