Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shop kitty

+2
sandypaws
lorie
6 posters

Go down

shop kitty Empty shop kitty

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:11 am

I have a new shop kitten. I am allergic to cats but my hubby brought home a litter of six the week before Hershey and he is the only one left. I'm taking Allegra for my seasonal allergies and my doctor said to just keep taking it for the cat.
I don't know the first thing about cats so this will be a learning experience. He lives in my shop/garage/basement. I feel a little guilty about that though. Is it okay to keep a cat in a smaller space? He does have access to the outside because my shop door is open all day but he doesn't wander off. At least not yet. He is only about 10 weeks old. I do live on a very busy road and worry about that too but my two neighbors across the street both have indoor/outdoor cats and they've been fine for years. How do you train a cat? I don't want him to get hurt but I can't keep the door shut all the time either. I'm am such a worry wart.

Back to top Go down

shop kitty Empty Re: shop kitty

Post  lorie Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:50 am

You don't train the cat, JM, the cat trains YOU!!!
I keep my cats indoors, and they have no escaping problems, but they're older. They used to try to get out, but not anymore.
If you keep him indoors, make sure he has things to play with, some catnip.
Does he like the dogs? Your girls must love having a kitten, Yes?
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Unfortunately there are two reasons I can't keep him upstairs and indoors with us. One, my daughter is also allergic and I won't make her take meds just to have another animal and two, we rent our house and are allowed to have dogs but not cats. He has access to the basement, garage, my shop, and the outdoors. I just don't want him to go in the road. That scares me. I was just wondering if there was some trick to keeping them out of the street. So far, he is staying very close to the shop. My hubby LOVES cats and really likes him so I figured I could just take Allegra and deal with him. He is cute though.

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:47 pm

Unfortunately, there is no way to keep an outdoor cat away from anywhere they want to go...
He could be your shop kitty, sounds like he has enough room inside and not upstairs.. don't blame you for not wanting your daughter to take pills... cat achoo.. scratch itch,itch..
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:44 pm

Except that my shop is wide open to the outside. I keep the garage door up when it's nice out. You watch, I'll be back here in a few weeks crying my eyes out cause the kitty I didn't even want will get hit by a car. Let's hope he stays safe like all the other cats in my neighborhood. They've been around a loooong time.

Back to top Go down

Post  sandypaws Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:40 am

nope cats dont train well... best to get a metal screen door.. keeps kitty IN, lets fresh air come IN too..

my shop cat is EVIL!!!!
sandypaws
sandypaws

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:49 pm

It is a full size garage door that is open

Back to top Go down

Post  sandypaws Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:24 am

ooohhhhhh.... uuummm.. then i would get a kitty "condo".. AKA,large wire cage with shelves fro kitty to sit on.. and lock kitty in cage while the door is open... cats sleep 20 hours a day,, he can get is 4 hours of playing ,running, ripping things up, killing invisable mice, and stalking when the door is closed...
when my shop cat is "in a mood" she gets locked up in a dog create with nothing but a towel for several hours.. bad bad kitty... that is kitty JAIL
goodluck
sandypaws
sandypaws

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:35 am

Oh, I never thought of that. What a good idea I could even set it by the open door for him to look outside. It is getting to be fall/winter so the door will be closed more often. I'm going out tonight. Thanks, Sandy

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Start caging that little bugger NOW so he gets used to it as a kitten! My 2 shop cats are very happy indoors. It's funny they will sleep in open crates, but just stick one in a crate and lock the door and they act like it's a cat skinning machine!! I worked in a vets office that caged the cats in the day so people could see them to adopt them and let them out at night and Sundays. Worked just fine. Also a small, nice, safe, warm, loving shop is so much better then the death trap called "outdoors" cat

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:12 pm

Speaking of shop kitties, anyone want a big ginger tabby??? Bugger bit me on the arm today! Ok so I was spinning him around on the bar stool a few too many times but still.
shop kitty Lou_0810
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:24 am

Just waiting for my last two old kitties to pass, then, NO MORE cat hair all over everything!!!
Can't wait for that!! NO MORE litter box! My HUBBY can't wait for THAT!!
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:59 pm

I say that too! Then when one cat dies a kitten always appears!! Rolling Eyes

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:08 am

Don't say that!!!
I really do lovekitties, just not the hair...
Julie how is your kittie these days??
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Here are our shop kitties.
Penny on the left found out behind our old salon with 2 other littermates, someone dumped them
& Lucifur, orphaned at 3 wks, he loves dogs hates people.
shop kitty Cats110
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

shop kitty Empty Cat Scan

Post  Admin Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:12 am

shop kitty Cat_sc10
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Ha Ha ! The dogs like "eeeugh! A cat..." My shop cat is the same way, he scares the dogs being Too friendly Laughing

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Anitacat2groom Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:17 am

I got a new shop kitty on Friday...a blue point Himalayan. I am not fond of Himalayans but my spouses employee knows I have a feline exclusive shop and just showed up with this cat and basically blamed the grandson being allergic to the cat for the reasoning of getting rid of her.He said they were gonna have her put to sleep if I would not take her because she was too exspensive to just take to humane society for someone who knows nothing about the breed to have?????????? Can you imagine someone even saying that? Mad She is spayed and declawed in the front. She has suprised me so far, very sweet and no trouble at all. Now Joy has her own kitty.... Wink
Anitacat2groom
Anitacat2groom

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 pm

HI Anita, now you have more fur to love. UM, lots more fur to love. Very Happy
Are you very attached to this cat? Hmmm......................................................
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Back to top Go down

Post  sucker4setters Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:33 pm

Anita, if anyone just "drops off" an exotic shorthair at your shop be sure to let me know. I miss mine soooo much, would love another. (oh, a scottish fold would work too)

sucker4setters

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Anitacat2groom Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:02 am

Not very attached , just got her but she is sweet. Suckers, I too have an exotic and LOVE him. He was shown last Nov. and won 8th best cat in premier. I stopped allowing him to be shown after that because he came back with a BAD resporatory infection that took me forever to get him well, not to mention the vet exspense. I don't care about titles. Hes just a wonderful loving cat and I would have another one ANYDAY! I will keep my eyes open though. Wish I had known that, back in Sept. we had an exotic kitten whom needed a home. So they do come around, not often but will let you know.
Anitacat2groom
Anitacat2groom

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  sucker4setters Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:24 am

oh man! I would have taken him in a heartbeat!

sucker4setters

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum