Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My cat has lost it

+2
jmchris
Admin
6 posters

Go down

My cat has lost it Empty My cat has lost it

Post  Admin Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:40 am

For some bizarre reason she has decided that splashing all the water out of the water bowl is a good thing. It is a stainless steel bowl and all I can think is that she is seeing her reflection in the water and is smacking the infliltrator in the head. I have watched her do it and she is actually smacking the water, not trying to get a drink or anything.She does it constantly and there is always a puddle of water on the floor. Nothing better than wet feet when the temperature is -20C outside geeeeeeeezzzz. I guess I am going to have to buy some ceramic bowls so this stops happening. You would think after the first few times she would figure it out but apparently not! I just don't get it.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

My cat has lost it Empty Re: My cat has lost it

Post  jmchris Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:03 am

Speaking of cats, mine had a nasty little accident the other day. Both of my kittens live in my shop but one of them is always trying to escape to the garage on the other side. My shop is set up in one half of my two car garage and there are small openings in the unfinished spaces for the cat the get through. We have done our best to seal up every possible escape route so that we don't run over her when pulling the car in and out. She is determined though and has started climbing up cabinets and getting into the ceiling. Day before yesterday I came home from walking the dogs and opened the garage door. I looked first to make sure no kitty was wandering around inside and I pulled it. I hit the button to put the door down and it lowered 3/4 of the way and I heard horrific screaming. I immediately stopped the door not knowing exactly where the sound was coming from. I thought maybe I ran over her. I could hear her screaming but not see her anywhere. I finally crawled under the door to the outside and found her hanging from the garage door! Her foot was stuck in between where the door bends to go up and down. She must have jumped from inside the ceiling onto the garage door when it was up (as I pulled in) and started to ride it down. I ran back inside to hit the button so the door would go back up and release her but it is one of those that once something is stuck, it won't move. I had to leave her hanging by her foot and dismantle the automatic door. The worst part was I could see half of her foot on the INSIDE of the door! It was completely smashed. I finally was able to lift the door manually and set her free. Her foot was the size and shape of a half dollar. I rushed her to the vet and fortunately she can keep her foot. She has two broken toes and is in a lime green cast.

jmchris

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  fluffcuts Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Cat playing in water. Mine does it all the time. He finds twisty ties, or lollipops or pencils or what ever., drop it in the water bowl & then try to get it out therefore getting water all over the place. Needless to say we now have to put a towel under the water bowl because of the cat not drooling dogs LOL
fluffcuts
fluffcuts

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:46 pm

omg Julie, what a horrible thing to happen. I hope the little one has learned it's lesson and everything works out ok.
Fluff, my other cats like to put stuff in the water bowl too, but this smacking of the water thing is just plain silly.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sucker4setters Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:32 pm

Of course it hasn't learned its lesson. It's a cat! It has 8 lives left anyway.

sucker4setters

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Doggystyles Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:22 pm

awwww. The poor thing.
speaking of horrific sounds.... Just remember, all of you who live in the colder climates, to knock on your car hoods before starting your cars in the morning.
I was awakened the other night by what I thought was a cat fight and went right back to bed. The next day my hubby asked me if I heard that noise last night. I said, "the cat fight?" He said, "You mean the cat fighting with the car engine". I haven't heard anything about it from my neighbors, so I hope the kitty got out. But I never want to hear that noise again.
How is she doing otherwise? Getting more loveable?

Doggystyles

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:47 pm

Cats and cars, the cats always lose... Crying or Very sad

I had a cat that would swish in the toilet bowl!! Had to make sure the lid was always down and when ever you'd flush he'd come running to watch the water go away...

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum