Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mad as he!!

3 posters

Go down

mad as he!! Empty mad as he!!

Post  sucker4setters Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:32 pm

Ok, so... I had a lady call LATE this afternoon who had an appointment for her 3 poodles tomorrow. She wants to reschedule (for the 2nd time in a row). She only remembers to call and reschedule because my hubby does reminder calls the day before appointments. If not for them, they'd just be No Shows. She does this ALL the time and has been a "no show" more times than I can count. Well, today my bather answered the phone when she called to do this. And I told her she needs to have them on 3 different days now. I can't do this 3 dogs not show up in one day thing anymore!. And also she needs to know that IF she does not show up again OR give 24 HOURS NOTICE (which is my policy) she is going to have to start paying a non-refundable deposit, of half the dogs costs, before I will start making her more appointments. i had my hands full of the biggest, fattest, ugliest and StUPIDEST standard poodle ever, so i couldn't talk on the phone myself (I realize this was a mistake) and was speaking loud enough so that she could hear me explaining this. I said I am booked 2.5 weeks in advance. I only do 10 haircuts a day (and my bather does a max of 5 bath dogs). I can't fill that 3 slots now when you are calling me at 4 in the afternoon. When I make an appointment I expect people to show up. Its costing me 126 dollars for you NOT to show up now. When if you had even called me 3 hours ago I probably could have filled those spots. She turned around and said, "well, would you rather i just took my dogs somewhere else"... and hung up the phone on my bather. What would you have said/done differently (besides gotten on the phone yourself)? AT this point, I dont really care that she goes somewhere else because she is certainly costing me more than she is bringing in.

Sandy, BEWARE the lady with the 3 beady eyed cockapoos that she thinks are poodles AND her screaming children. BTW, if she DOES call you... i was charging her 42 bucks a piece.... so feel free to up her price.

Last edited by sucker4setters on Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

sucker4setters

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

mad as he!! Empty Re: mad as he!!

Post  Admin Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:32 pm

I don't think I would have done anything differently. You are absolutely right to be mad and and fed up. This woman is costing you money and loss of potential good clients by pulling this stunt repeatedly. I say good for you, let her go and don't look back.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  groomOR Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:30 pm

That drives me batty. I had a new client with 2 havanese. He told me they were matted and needed in right away. My soonest was 4 days away. Then it was "well I need it later in the day. Ok $? Yuu don't have ANYTHING later?!?!" Jeez. So yesterday was his appt and I go into daycare after another dog and they were in there all shaved down(a crappy job btw). He never called to cancel. I was fit to be tied. Do you guys enforce your policy if you have not groomed the dog before? I really want to charge him the full groom fee I charge for no shows.

groomOR

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum