pick up and delivery

Go down

pick up and delivery

Post  lorie on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:45 am

Well, since Michael is out of work indefinately, I'm putting him to work!
When we got done with our car payments we figured, we'll get the van for pick up and delivery. That was 2 years ago!
he was using it for work but he has a pick up also, so the other day I said lets cut out losses and ins. bill etc for this van and get rid of it
He says NO! Orchard Hill, The old folks place has tons of dogs, I said why didn't
you tell me this???
Short story, I made pretty flyers and info sheets, posted it fri. and got my first call yesterday!
I was thinking there wewre mostly small dogs but this one is a service dog, dobie/shep mix.
The place is about 5 miles away and i am charging 6.00 for both ways and will offer a buddy system, if they have a friend I will pick up both for the 6.00.
Now, I know I have ebeen undercharging for a while so, I told her 45.00 plus the 6;00
So, 51.00 for a bath and blow dry..
It will be weekdays only after I get out of my full time job..
Initially, I will have to go and meet every client so It's more work for me, until Michael learns how to handle the dogs, talk to clients.. all that
He is at the flea market now looking for crates..since he works outside all winter he lets his beard grow.. I will have to tell him it goes.. I don't want him scaring anyone..at least until this gets established..
Any thing I'm mising??
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pick up and delivery

Post  lorie on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:46 am

Besides spell check?
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoatCutter on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:56 am

Signs for the van, and maybe a uniform for the driver Razz Also, Michael could also pick up and deliver the old folks dogs to the vet and back too. Maybe both of you could do a worming/flea control service for them too - have the dates on the computer and duck around and give the dog it's worm tablet and Advantage. What do you think?
CoatCutter
CoatCutter

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:54 am

Whoa! back and forth to the vet!! great idea!! I have a feeling a lot of them have their children doing the vet and grooming runs for them...
I forgot to mention, I ordered magnetic signs too! They are nice looking. I think. I haven't gotten them yet..

Michael definately needs to clean up his act. I mean, he's CLEAN, just messy looking! Thanks, Coat, I'm just about to make up an info sheet to take to the first "consultation"

I never thought about a uniform for him, I know you were being not totally serious but i'm gonna give that some thought.. Idea
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:23 pm

This sounds like a great idea and I wish you all the best with it.
Have you checked with your insurance company, not sure if you might have to add something extra to cover the liability.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile http://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:05 pm

Oh, right, I better call them too! YAY! More money to shell out.. Rolling Eyes
lorie