Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first Dog Bite

+2
skyeline
sucker4setters
6 posters

Go down

My first Dog Bite Empty My first Dog Bite

Post  sucker4setters Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:22 pm

so, yesterday, my bather, my husband AND myself all got seriously bitten by an old chow mix that I have been doing for years. This is one of my favorite dogs and I'm not sure, but, I think he had a seizure or stroke while my husband was drying him. He got bit on his finger. My bather, ran to help him try and contain the dog. She got bit on the finger. I ran back there... and tried to help. Yep, I got the worst of it of course. Grabbed me right on the back of the leg and did NOT let go. Then, somehow, he managed to take a chunk out of my arm too. My RIGHT ARM! Why always my right arm? I cannot move my arm now. Had to send 6 dogs home unfinished yesterday, AND had to reschedule the day for today. I may have to reschedule tomorrow too *sigh*. I have too nice puncture wounds. And my arm is SOOOO swollen. Yes, we all went to the urgent care and are on anti-biotics.

In hind-sight, it's my own stupid fault I got bit. Why I did NOT let the dog go, to finish his seizure on his own, is beyond me. I was just so afraid of him hurting himself. In 13 years I have never been bit like this. I don't know if I want to groom anymore. But, this is all I've ever done (besides fast food). Has anyone here ever been hurt like this before? What did you do? How long were you down? I'm really not trying to be a wuss about it but... OUCH. Everytime I try to move my arm, it hurts so bad I nearly vomit.

sucker4setters

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

My first Dog Bite Empty Re: My first Dog Bite

Post  skyeline Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 pm

oh ,poor you.
i've never taken a bad bite in 22 yrs ,thankfully. i did have a Rotty 'crush' my wrist once,but never broke the skin.
as for not wanting to groom,remember that this was an old dog ,and not in its right state of mind....an exceptional case.
i hope you heal well,and fast ......and cigarettes wont help it heal any faster Razz

big hugs from Aus.
skyeline
skyeline
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:03 pm

OUCH!!!!! Poor you what a lousy thing to happen. I have been biten a few times, once by an old Standard Poo who thought I was a cob of corn, but luckily his teeth were very worn so no punctures but a lot of nice bruises and swelling. Take a few days off, take your meds, and try to put the memory out of your mind. You can't quit grooming, you are too good at it Smile
I hope you feel better soon {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  fluffcuts Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:30 pm

Unfortunatly this has happen to me a long time ago & it took me almost 2 weeks to actually heal to the point where it was not painful to move my arm. try to keep down the swelling as much as possible & when not grooming do nothing else. just let it heal. hope it takes you much faster to heal. I feel for you!!!
fluffcuts
fluffcuts

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  sucker4setters Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:27 pm

The vet confirmed that Butch had a stroke. And he was put to sleep today.

sucker4setters

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:21 am

Aw... I cut a tongue recently and didn't want to groom anymore, I'm over it... You need time to heal..you WILL feel better. Take care of your injuries and baby your self for a bit!
Are you feeling any better today??
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:13 am

How are you doing? Hope your arm is healing quickly.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sucker4setters Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:21 pm

I managed to push through work yesterday. At first, I was miserable. But, I found out the more I used my arm, the better it became. I'm doing MUCH better, thank you.

sucker4setters

Back to top Go down

Post  skyeline Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:50 pm

so glad to hear it miranda I love you
skyeline
skyeline
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post  lorie Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:58 pm

Glad you're feeling better! sunny
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  groomOR Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:08 pm

Miranda, I am so sorry that happened to you. I am glad you are feeling better tho. I have been nursing a broken tailbone and am just catching up on things. Feel better, all of you.

groomOR

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum