Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I need a vacation

3 posters

Go down

I think I need a vacation Empty I think I need a vacation

Post  Guest Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:33 am

Last week I sent a dog to the vet for stitches. I have since cut three more dogs and myself. None of them was vet/doctor worthy but I don't know WHAT is wrong with me. I sliced a foot pad, cut under an eye, used a stripping knife a little too hard on another. The really scary part is that the dog I sent to the vet is coming back tonight with their other dog. They want me to finish her and do the other. I'm not sure I should touch them. I don't feel nervous or rushed when grooming, it just happens. Maybe I should clear my books for a while. Sad

Back to top Go down

I think I need a vacation Empty Re: I think I need a vacation

Post  lorie Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:39 am

Oh I know how you feel, since Hershey I have cut two tongues and myself with my new ezgroom shears. I swear they are cursed, I think I will bring them to NE and have Jodi do an exorcizm on Halloween!

One had to have stiches, I felt so bad and don't ever want to touch that dog again. It was my own fault for letting the annoying owners stay against everything i know and have learned about that.

I know exactly how you are feeling, I feel the same and I only groom part time. I thought about it last night and I seem to be leaving faces a bit longer than I normally do..Never know when that little tongue is going to slip out, I've gotten paranoid..you are not alone.. I love you
lorie
lorie
Toy
Toy

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  CoatCutter Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:49 am

If those four dogs were the only ones that you did for the whole week, then I'd be worried. Things like this will happen randomly... and sometimes they will happen close together. Usually not your fault, just bad luck it happens close together. Like tossing a coin... sometimes you'll get a run of heads or tails. A few weeks ago I cut a small chunk out of a pad too. Just told the owner to keep an eye on it. Haven't heard anything yet. Concentrate on the ones that nothing happened to.
CoatCutter
CoatCutter

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:29 pm

It happens to everyone, and it does seem to go in cycles. I don't know if it is because we are tired, working to fast or just distracted but it happens. Heck I pierced a yorkies ear the other day with my thinning shears pale It upsets me horribly and I always feel like crap, Gouda was helping me clean it up and she asked why my hands were shaking, it is just because I get so upset with myself for hurting the poor little critters. Don't be so hard on yourself Julie.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down