What a day

Go down

What a day

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:42 pm

I had to take a dog to the vet today Sad First time for me. Little Poodle who only weighed 4 lbs. She was really matted with cotton candy fur and I was trying to use a 7F all over. I didn't even know I cut the dog until I saw blood all over my hand. Cut one of her little teats right off. Shocked I called the owner and she called the only vet open after 6:00 around here. Of course it was the most expensive. New client too Rolling Eyes She met me there and by the time we arrived it had stopped bleeding all together. Fortunately she was super cool about it and we sat in the waiting room and chatted for 45 minutes before the dog was seen. She really appreciated my honesty and said another groomer had cut the little dog last year and never even told her, just glued it up. She had been referred to me and said the good things she heard were true Surprised

However, I think I got taken. In my opinion the vet made a huge deal out of nothing. A stitch or two, maybe but they brought the little girl back out with this HUGE band around her middle, three stitches, pain meds, antibiotics, orders to return for a recheck. Grrr. $156! The owner insists she wants to at least pay half but I can't let her do that. She's calling tomorrow to bring her other dog next week and finish the groom on this one. Unfortunately her other dog only weighs 3 lbs. tongue

Back to top Go down

Re: What a day

Post  Admin on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:01 pm

Oh poor you! I know how crappy I feel when I do nick a dog, feel like throwing up and crying all at the same time. I think the vet did go a little overboard but what are you going to do. Glad the owner was understanding and good luck with the smaller one next time What a Face
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile http://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  skyeline on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Aw,poor thing you ....
lets face it though,it happens to us all ,and under the circumstance ,it probably worked out as best as it could.

Coulda been a non understanding ,litigious sort !!

sorry for your crumby day! I love you

I pruned 2 goldens . Coulda gone either way,turned out they were nice dogs ,and looked GREAT !!
skyeline
skyeline
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoatCutter on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:12 am

So sorry for you Julie. I've nicked in that area too. If the dog was as badly matted as you say, it was bound to be a possibility. I tend to swithch to a 10 if they're matted. I think that the vet did go a bit overboard, but he was probably covering his own @ss from the litigious people that Tammy mentioned Rolling Eyes
CoatCutter
CoatCutter

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum