Worldwide Dog Grooming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coton cocktail

4 posters

Go down

Coton cocktail Empty Coton cocktail

Post  groomOR Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:03 pm

For those of you who do full coated cotons, you may find this helpful.
I do about 20 a month. I have experimented with many different things and this has them coming back less matted and the matts brush out considerably easier. Most of mine in full coat come in weekly if they do no maintenance at home.
I start with a Chris Christenson Clean Start bath. (I use a hydrosurge) With shampoo still in tub and on dog I put CC thick N thicker (straight) on the problem areas, collar line, thighs, chest, shoulders, and basically anywhere that causes friction matts. That sits for 2 min and then I hydrosurge it on the whole dog. (lots of suds!) Rinse well and then I use CC after bath straight on the same parts then I use PAntene deep fortyfing treatment one strip down the topline straight from the tube and then hydrosurge it all in. Then I rinse well with cool water. The smell and feel wonderful.
I have used EZGroom extra rich conditioner with this cocktail with the same results. I have tried other conditoners that did not fair so well like Le Pooch, Spa, IoD and ISB. All great conditoners, but did not work as well.

groomOR

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Coton cocktail Empty Re: Coton cocktail

Post  Admin Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:06 pm

Interesting! We don't have any Cotons but we do have bichons coming out the whazooo, wonder why? I will give this a try on some of the ones we have that have that lovely, super soft, cotton candy coat.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-10-02

https://wwdoggrooming.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sucker4setters Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:57 pm

It's sad... BUT, Pantene is one of my favorite conditioners on my setters. Nothing works quite like it. IOD works really well for mine too.

sucker4setters

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  MsAcer Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:35 pm

20!! Cotons!!! Shocked What you live next to a breeder??!
I've had one good one and 2 puppy mill ones. Still you can keep those 20, don't have to send any my way! Wink

MsAcer
Puppy
Puppy

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  groomOR Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:33 pm

I do work on a breeders show dogs, but most come to me because I own a Coton. I swear Coton owners are the weirdest bunch! I actually enjoy grooming them. I could live without some of the owners tho!

groomOR

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum